Breaking through the complexity of diabetes management and improving cardiovascular health through lipid management
Simplifying management of type 2 diabetes in primary care, management of cardiovascular risk factors and benefits of exercise in the patient with type 1 diabetes
You will learn:
- To understand the implications of high rates of obesity in South Africa in the context of suboptimal management of diabetes in the private and public health sectors
- To consider an approach to simplifying the management of type 2 diabetes (T2DM) in the busy primary care setting
- To gain an understanding of the advantages of using fixed-ratio combination therapies for the management of T2DM, and clinical trial and real-world evidence regarding glargine u300 in the patient with T2DM or type 1 diabetes (T1DM)
- To improve knowledge regarding the modifiable cardiovascular risk factors of diabetic dyslipidaemia
- To improve knowledge regarding the management of the T1DM patient who exercises.