Metformin is the benchmark affordable medication for the treatment of diabetes at diagnosis and even prediabetes.
ATTENTION! Kindly note that if you were in attendance of the live webinar you have already received 1 CPD point and will not be permitted to receive additional points for the report. Should this occur, the HPCSA will only record the 1 CPD point from the live webinar, invalidating any additional CPD points from the report.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the module before. Hence you can not start it again.
Module is loading…
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
Thank you, we will review your submission and notify you of your results via email.
If not received within 5 hours due to spam, don’t worry, it will show in your profile.
1. Of diabetic deaths in South Africa, what percentage occurs before the age of 60 years?
2. Which option(s) is/are correct? Metformin and pioglitazone are important antidiabetic agents that act by:
3. When HbA1c is <5.0%, there is an increased risk for:
4. The ADA defines prediabetes diagnostic criteria as:
5. The ADA recommends use of metformin in prediabetic patients with: