Extended-release metformin has a low side effect profile and can even be used in patients with prediabetes.
ATTENTION! Kindly note that if you were in attendance of the live webinar you have already received 1 CPD point and will not be permitted to receive additional points for the report. Should this occur, the HPCSA will only record the 1 CPD point from the live webinar, invalidating any additional CPD points from the report.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the module before. Hence you can not start it again.
Module is loading…
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
Thank you, we will review your submission and notify you of your results via email.
If not received within 5 hours due to spam, don’t worry, it will show in your profile.
1. Side effects of metformin are usually dose-related and can be addressed by initiating treatment at a lower dose or through dose reduction:
2. The ADA/EASD recommend metformin plus lifestyle management, with weight loss, preferably with physical exercise, as the second arm of lifestyle modification, except in:
3. UKPDS data show that for every 1% reduction in HbA1c, there is a:
4. All diabetes drugs demonstrate better efficacy if initiated at a higher HbA1c baseline:
5. In the diabetic patient with kidney disease, at which eGFR is metformin contraindicated?