All oral antidiabetic therapies should be discontinued in diabetic patients with severe COVID-19 infection requiring ICU admission.
ATTENTION! Kindly note that if you were in attendance of the live webinar you have already received 1 CPD point and will not be permitted to receive additional points for the report. Should this occur, the HPCSA will only record the 1 CPD point from the live webinar, invalidating any additional CPD points from the report.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the module before. Hence you can not start it again.
Module is loading…
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
Thank you, we will review your submission and notify you of your results via email.
If not received within 5 hours due to spam, don’t worry, it will show in your profile.
1. In the diabetic patient, which of the listed factors may contribute to fluid retention?
2. In the patient with diabetes and renal disease, risk of hyperkalaemia can be lowered best by using which combinations of diuretic?
3. The poorly controlled T2DM patient infected with COVID-19 has a ___% increased risk of dying from COVID-19?
4. Which of the listed oral antidiabetic agents is contraindicated for use In diabetic patients with mild COVID-19 disease?
5. Which statement is incorrect?