Staying ahead of the curve
COVID-19 and Reshaping Your Practice
NOW accredited for 2 CEU’s
Dr Moeketsi Mathe, General Practitioner and HIV Clinician, Vereeniging, offers practical guidance for reorganising a medical practice to address the challenges of delivering care during the pandemic of coronavirus.
Q&A FOR OFFLINE SUBMISSION »
Questions and Answers with Dr Moeketsi Mathe
- COVID-19 – Practical things for general practice to do – Royal college of general practitioners (RCGP)
- COVID-19 clinical guidelines and resource documents – Discovery
- COVID-19 Webinars and Podcasts for GPs – SA Medical Association and Discovery
- COVID-19 CME Webinar Series – American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- How to put on and take off personal protective equipment (PPE) – World Health Organization (WHO)
- Wits Journal of Clinical Medicine – COVID 19 Special issue 1
Videos to watch
Earn 2 CPD Points
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the module before. Hence you can not start it again.
Module is loading…
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
Thank you, we will review your submission and notify you of your results via email.
If not received within 5 hours due to spam, don’t worry, it will show in your profile.
1. Regardless of physical distancing requirements, the patient who is well, fit and healthy but in need of a repeat or chronic prescription, must consult in-person with the clinician:
2. The ICD-10 code to be used for those patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection is:
3. Of the following symptoms, which are not a red flag for booking a telephonic consultation with the clinician prior to consulting in person?
4. If a telephone consultation indicates a likely COVID-19 infection:
5. Which statement is false? Ideally, during the COVID-19 pandemic, general practice:
6. To maintain an effective and safe waiting room, physical distancing of ____ is recommended:
7. Waiting rooms should be disinfected hourly if possible; at the very least, surfaces should be sprayed with alcohol and wiped down when patients come and leave:
8. The bare minimum PPE requirements for an effective and safe practice include:
9. When booking a physical consultation deemed necessary for a potential COVID-19 patient, ensure it doesn’t overlap with the appointments of potentially vulnerable patients such as:
10. Which statement is false?