Diabetes and Ramadan – practical insulin management
Insulin treatment regimens of diabetic Muslims need modification of timing and/or dosage during Ramadan
You will learn:
• To ensure that patients on insulin receive early and appropriate guidance from their healthcare professional to achieve safe fasting during Ramadan
• Understanding the issues that patients on insulin face during Ramadan
• Understanding the supportive role of the clinician as well as preparation for Ramadan, including a trial three-day fast
• Identifying the problems that can occur, using the data from the 2020 Global Assessment which reported worldwide hypoglycaemia (15%), hyperglycaemia (16%) and emergency care (8-12%); and how to avoid these problems through education and self-monitoring
• What new interventions, using digital support systems, are useful in the post COVID-19 era.
WEBINAR HELD ON 22 FEBRUARY 2022.