An SA-specific FRAX algorithm has arisen from recent data assessing ethnic- and gender-specific incidence rates for hip fractures. Learn more in this module.
ATTENTION! Kindly note that if you were in attendance of the live webinar you have already received 1 CPD point and will not be permitted to receive additional points for the report. Should this occur, the HPCSA will only record the 1 CPD point from the live webinar, invalidating any additional CPD points from the report.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the module before. Hence you can not start it again.
Module is loading…
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
Thank you, we will review your submission and notify you of your results via email.
If not received within 5 hours due to spam, don’t worry, it will show in your profile.
1. The WHO classifies severe osteoporosis as:
2. Which of the listed parameters are indications for treatment of osteoporosis?
3. Which statement is incorrect? The FRAX tool:
4. The 10-year probability in South African women of developing a major osteoporotic fracture and hip fracture has been developed using ethnic- and gender-specific data arising from a recent research initiative.
5. In South Africa, the crude incidence rates for hip fractures per 100 000 people is highest in which population?