This section is ONLY for Pharmacy professionals
Intended for Pharmacy professionals registered with the Pharmacy Council and has NOT been accredited for other Health Care Professionals registered with the HPCSA
0 of 11 questions completed
You have already completed the module before. Hence you can not start it again.
Module is loading…
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
Thank you, we will review your submission and notify you of your results via email.
Please note that the IN PHARMACY module certificates only apply for pharmacy staff.
1. In which of the following situations, should the pharmacist intervene to improve hypertension treatment:
2. When monitoring blood pressure in the elderly and diabetics, a standing blood pressure should also be taken to establish whether orthostatic hypotension is present.
3. The rate of masked hypertension in lower income African patients has been found in South African research to be present in about
4. In masked hypertension, the measured blood pressure is higher or lower than the real hypertension levels of an individual as measured by Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM)
5. Black patients respond better to ACE-inhibitor monotherapy than White patients
6. All patients on antiretroviral therapy for their HIV-infection should be monitored regularly for hypertension.
7. HIV patients on antiretroviral therapy can show an altered reaction to hypertensive therapy with Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs) due to the antiretroviral medication’s effects on the cytochrome P450 system.
8. When switching anti-hypertensive therapy, the pharmacist is best placed to consider
9. Calcium channel blockers achieve the most consistent blood pressure-lowering action in Black patients
10. The target desired blood pressure for most non-diabetic hypertensive persons is:
PHARMACY COUNCIL REQUIREMENTS
In order to submit the CPD Certificate to the South African Pharmacy Council, go to http://www.pharmcouncil.co.za/B_CPD_Record_Activities.asp
To record your CPD activity, you need to ensure that information is provided for each of the four steps in the CPD cycle: Reflection on practice, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation or reflection on learning.
We have provided information for the steps and questions you will be required to answer.
Learning title: Hypertension
STEP 1: Reflection on practice
Question: Describe the learning need that you have identified to improve your knowledge and skill, and what you hope to achieve after addressing this learning need?
STEP 2: Planning
Question: Briefly describe the reasoning behind your planning selection.
We suggest an answer for this module – “Relevance to South African circumstances. This module was provided online with useful additional linked-in resources.”
STEP 3: Implementation
Question: Describe what you have learned.
STEP 4: Evaluation or reflection on learning
Question: Describe providing examples, how you have applied what you have learnt, including feedback on the impact of your learning and possible next step.