Rewinding cardiovascular risks
Diabetes patients have a higher cardiovascular death rate, and the risk depends on the duration of diabetes
You will learn:
• The clinical implications of diabetes for microvascular and macrovascular complications
• Modifiable and unmodifiable cardiovascular risk factors
• The effects of intensive glycaemic control on cardiovascular risk
• Evidence from cardiovascular outcomes trials on the role of certain diabetes drug classes and certain specific agents in conferring cardiovascular benefit
• A best practice approach to diabetes management, including individualisation of therapy.