Treating hypercholesterolaemia – too little, too late
Overwhelming evidence shows that hypercholesterolaemia is the pivotal causal risk factor of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
You will learn:
- LDL-cholesterol lowering is the cornerstone of prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
- Current recommendations for LDL-cholesterol treatment targets
- Current evidence on the use of combination therapies for achieving LDL-cholesterol targets
- Current recommendations for the treatment of familial hypercholesterolaemia
- The importance of tailored lipid-lowering therapy.